Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Grilled Plantains with Brown Sugar Glaze


I really want to try this recipe. It's Bobby Flay rendition, of course! I have been Obsessed with plantains ever since I had some plantain chips from a Cuban Cafe at my friends birthday. They were as addictive as crack! I include this recipe because it's not mine and there's no special secrets to hide.....hehe.

Once I finally make this I'll take an inferior photo to this one..HA!


Grilled Plantains with Brown Sugar Glaze

Adapted from Bobby Flay

Ingredients

4 very ripe plantains, peeled and sliced on the bias 1/2-inch thick
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 tablespoons light brown sugar
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
Salt
Freshly ground pepper



Source: Seriouseats.com

No comments:

Post a Comment